Gaifong – “neighbours” in Cantonese – is an items-sharing app for smart consumers. There’s no need to buy everything you need. with Gaifong, you just tap to rent an item from a neighbours, and return when done.
Whether you need a BBQ grill for a summer party, or an extra suitcase for your big trip, there’s a neighbour who can meet your needs. Download the app and rent your first item today.
Items-sharing with Gaifong is easy – here’s how it works:
– Just open the app and search for the item you need
– The app tells you all available items nearby
– In case you can’t find what you need, you can send a Wish
– Once you find the right item, you’ll see where it’s located, and price
– Type in start and end dates and send request
– Payment can be handled by all major credit cards and a security deposit is held, but not charged
– After you return the item, you can review the item and give Owner a five-stars!
– Open the app and tap on the camera button to snap pictures of any item in your home
– Set a price for the item: we recommend 3-5% of its value as the daily rental fee
– Not sure what to list? Check our recommended uploads section, but make sure you supply your own photo afterwards
– Respond to rental requests promptly to get the best ratings. Enjoy!
AWARDS AND ACCOLADES:
Top 20 Startups in Hong Kong, HK Business Magazine
RoadShow EcoStar Award
Hong Kong Cyberport Incubatee
DISCOVER UNIQUE ITEMS
Choose from over 12,000 quality rental items in your city, from the latest Nintendo Switch, to video cameras for your artistic project. Can’t find what you need? Broadcast your Wish, and your Neighbours will respond.
RENT OUT YOUR SPARE GEAR
Got a spare PlayStation you haven’t touched since Christmas? How about that breadmaker or raclette machine you rarely take out? These, and much more, can be listed onto Gaifong for your Neighbours to rent when needed. You set your own prices, pick-up location, and we’ll take care of the rest, including Security Deposit, payments, and even a damage protection of up to $5,000 HKD.
Gaifong uses a world-class mobile payments provider called Stripe, ensuring that your payments information are secure. When making a rental, a security deposit gets pre-authorised on the renter’s card and will be released after the item gets returned.
This is what the Rentals Revolution is all about: Buy Less. Experience More. Everything at the tip of your fingers. Come on in!